Thursday 12 September 2013

Busy but still No S-ing

The last few weeks have been a blur. We moved at the end of August and then the kids started school a few days later. I am also in school (part-time) doing a two year course in applied holistic nutrition. I'm just going in to my 2nd year. So while life has been happening and I've not had much time to document my eating here... No S has been a lifesaver! I am loving the organized structure but the ability to eat with people and go out.  What has usually been my downfall is snacking after school and then still eating a big dinner. Now.. I come home and make a cup of tea with a splash of milk and that's all I get til dinner time. And the world doesn't end because I didn't have a snack! I'm good and ready for dinner when it's time. When I first started (almost a month ago already) I tended to overdue it on bready carbs (a rebellion from my strict low carb days) but now I'm really just trying to listen to what my body wants and it usually isn't bread and pasta. Last night I went out for dinner with friends and the salmon, brown rice and roasted beets is really what sounded good. It wasn't a sacrifice not to have yam fries and a burger! Normally I'd have had a drink, and although it isn't forbidden.. I knew I didn't need it and it really was fine to have club soda!
I did get on the scale yesterday morning and was happy to see that I'm down about 4 pounds since I started (an average of 1 pound a week) and down 7 from my highest weight this summer. Hard to believe when on the weekends I do indulge (I made brownies this past weekend and ate more than I should have).
I did add one tweak to the plane this past weekend and it works well for me. I'm going to keep trying it and see how it goes. I'm starting my S window at 6pm on Friday night and then ending it by dinnertime on Sunday.  Friday is typically the night that I want to  ease up and have a drink or dessert but by Sunday night I'm very ready to get back to the rules. So my weekend basically start at sundown on Friday and ends at sundown on Sunday. 
Other rules that I try to stick to is having produce at every meal (might be a piece of fruit) and something green at two of the three meals.  
I love this plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment