Thursday 22 August 2013

Old Habits Die Hard

So yesterday was my first "FAILURE" as according to the No-S plan. I had dessert after my meal and I really didn't need to. We went out with friends who were treating us to a dinner at their "club".  The meal I chose came with dessert and I didn't say no. Why? Because it was free and came with my meal. I know that sounds ridiculous but it's true. It was ice-cream.. spumoni flavor, which is nothing that I'd ever order off a menu. Yeah... it was cool that they made it table-side using nitrogen. But my fellow table-mates were having the same thing so I would have seen the whole production regardless or not if I'd just said... "no thank you, I'm full." I don't know why that was so difficult and really not worth messing up my perfect track record. So.. instead of giving up, I'm using it as a teachable moment so that next time I'm in that same situation, I will choose differently. I know it wasn't worth it. Maybe if it had been a be all/end all dessert then it would have been. This wasn't even close. So today... it's back to the game plan. 3 meals, 3 plates,  aim for produce on all of them (that's my rule). I also think I need to cut back on wheat. I feel like it makes me bloated and foggy-headed. It may not be breaking a rule to eat it... but it doesn't agree with me in excess.  Need to remember that to be successful, this plan must be personalized for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment