Sunday 18 August 2013

S-Day Disapppointment

So.. a strange thing happened yesterday. I didn't enjoy my first S day as much as I thought I would. The food didn't taste as delicious as I'd anticipated and my head spent way too much time thinking about what, when and how much to eat. Dinner was enjoyable.. we went with two other couples to a top restaurant in the city that we'd been waiting for years to go and I loved not mentally trying to tally up all the calories while I ate, so that I'd have to go home and enter them into a tracking program on the computer. I had a few alcoholic beverages without being wracked with pangs of guilt. But overall.. the rest of the day wasn't filled with food-joy. I realized I missed the structure of the "N-Day". Without it.. I was left spending too much time wasting energy pondering if I was truly hungry or if I was, what I was actually hungry for.  I'm  looking forward to tomorrow and getting back to the routine and structure. I love that it isn't overly complicated or restrictive. Like a young toddler who needs some boundaries while being free to explore the world... that's how I feel with my "N-Day". Limited perhaps, but not stifled.

No comments:

Post a Comment